Newbie to Calc immediate conversion of Macros!

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
AmishTechie

Newbie to Calc immediate conversion of Macros!

Post by AmishTechie »

Good day!
My MS Office subscription came up and I can't afford that bloated POS anymore, so I am new to Open Office

I am a semi-retired contractor for a property management company. My time-project sheet is in excel. My conversion to Calc macros no longer work in some areas.
I need some kind soul to convert my excel spreadsheet right away as the end of the month is coming up. I don't have the time to learn the difference for the end of this month.

Is anyone able to help me out?

Specifically, the Hours in the Monthly sheets use a "named Table" to convert hours to decimal for calculating hours worked.

Attached is this year's worksheet. I only Need the month of November and December converted. I'll take care of the rest when I set up for 2020.

Thank you so much!

Ray Bailey
Last edited by FJCC on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed flame icon
AmishTechie
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Newbie to Calc immediate conversion of Macros!

Post by FJCC »

There is no attached document.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome.

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for a discussion of some differences you will find.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Attached is this year's worksheet.
The file size limit is 128 KiB in this forum.

You can share the larger files on a free file sharing service.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
AmishTechie

Post by AmishTechie »

Oky,
So I can't upload my ODS spreadsheet as it is too large. So I "Make Copy" the November sheet and try to save it I keep getting "Error saving the document Untitled 1.ods Write Error The file could not be written."
It is being saved as untitled 1.ods on my work drive where the original is saved. I have tried multiple renames and directories.

sigh....

Ray
AmishTechie
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Try to share it on a free file sharing service (Google drive or others).
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.