Sending e-mails using Android clients

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
zwora

Sending e-mails using Android clients

Post by zwora »

Hi I would lie to use spreadsheet on my phone, that allows me to run e-mails directly form spreadsheet. I am using macro as below, and this works well on Windows system:

Code: Select all

Sub SendEmail(oTab As Object, oAddress  As String, oFile()  As Array, oSubject  As String, oContent  As String)
	eMailAddress = oAddress
	eSubject = oSubject
	eMailer = createUnoService("com.sun.star.system.SystemMailProvider")
	eMailClient = eMailer.queryMailClient()
	eMessage = eMailClient.createMailMessage()
	eMessage.Recipient = eMailAddress
	eMessage.Subject = eSubject
	eMessage.Body = oContent
	eMessage.Attachement = oFile
	eMailClient.sendMailMessage ( eMessage, com.sun.star.system.MailClientFlags.NO_USER_INTERFACE )
End Sub
Macro opens active e-mail client (Thunderbird) and fills all the neccessery fileds (address, content, attachements). I just need to press send button. When I try to run this macro on device with Android its just open e-mail client and adds attachements, but address and content fields are empty. Is there any way to get these fields also filled? I tried many clients, but it seems it depends on Android API rather than on particular e-mail client.
Windows 7/Windows 10, Open Office 4.1.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Sending e-mails using Android clients

Post by Zizi64 »

I am surprised that even the Starbasic / API macro could run on Android.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
zwora

Post by zwora »

I use AndrOpen Office and no problems are reported. Just no address and no content goes into e-mail client. Maybe in any latest version of Android it is fixed. I Used it on Android 6 and works as I describred, but in 7.1 it does not. I have no experience with 8.x but I am afraid it might not work.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Presumably you are using AndrOpenOffice which is a third party port of AOO; you might have more success asking those who provide AndrOpenOffice as it is not an Apache project.

There is anemail address on the Google Playstore site which might help.
There is a website listed on Google Playstore.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
zwora

Post by zwora »

And is there any other possibility? Maybe tablet and installing any version of Linux? Did anyone tried that?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

As far as I know, the Base component is not part of that port.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
zwora

Post by zwora »

Basically if I have tablet with OS like Linux or Windows I should be able to install Apache OO. Yesterday I installed Debian application on my Android tablet, which runs in a some sort of container. But the problem is with using the touchpad. I need to point on the cursor on the screen and move it in reqired position by tapping the screen. I cannot just touch reqiured place. It is very irritating. If I connect external mouse it is working normally, but I definately need to use tablet without external mouse. I don't know how it'll look in the Windows operated tablet.
AndrOO works really nice, but that e-mails sending works badly. I checked again and also attachements are wrongly attached - the current document is taken instead of the listed ones. Maybe theres other way of goinf through this problem. Maybe there is some Google API with functions that could be run from macro (not necessarily OO Basic, maybe JS or Python)?
zwora

Post by zwora »

I ordered Intel Atom based tablet operating on Windows 8.1 OS and will see in couple f days if that fix my problem. According to information on AOO website it should meet its requirements.