[Solved] Turn off Save AutoRecovery information from a macro

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Tarkovsky

[Solved] Turn off Save AutoRecovery information from a macro

Post by Tarkovsky »

Hi guys, I'm working on an interactive spreadsheet, with a lot of macros, data and buttons... to be short, It's a spreadsheet to act like a program, so the people who will be using it do not need to be familiar with spreadsheet formulas. But I have faced a problem: Due to the size of the spreadsheet, It takes a long time(usually more than a minute) to save the AutoRecovery information and during this process, it locks everything, so the user can not use it. I can not turn off the Save AutoRecovery informatin on all machines, since they usually do Windows fresh installs.
So, is it possible to just write a macro to turn off the AutoRecovery information? That would solve the problem, since I could call the macro from a open document event.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Arch Linux
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Can I turn off Save AutoRecovery information from a macr

Post by Zizi64 »

It takes a long time(usually more than a minute) to save the AutoRecovery information and during this process, it locks everything, so the user can not use it. I can not turn off the Save AutoRecovery informatin on all machines, since they usually do Windows fresh installs.
If I know it exactly, the Autosave feature is a Application-level parameter, but it is not a Document-level parameter. (It is not stored in the document.)
Therefore you have not "rights" to change the settings of an another User (without her/his authority), because this setting influence the behavior and security of the other documents of the User.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Tarkovsky

Post by Tarkovsky »

If I know it exactly, the Autosave feature is a Application-level parameter, but it is not a Document-level parameter. (It is not stored in the document.)
Aren't the scrollbars, menu bar and status bar all part of the Application-level? All of them can be turned off when the document is open.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

When you change the setting in the options dialog, and diff registrymodifications.xcu in your profile folder, you see that the following node changes:

Code: Select all

<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/Save/Document"><prop oor:name="CreateBackup" oor:op="fuse"><value>true</value></prop></item>
That is property "CreateBackup" in node "/org.openoffice.Office.Common/Save/Document"

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=75204&p=341300#p341300 includes a pair of functions getOOoSetupValue and setOOoSetupValue.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Tarkovsky

Post by Tarkovsky »

Thanks man.