Find old data

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
cacoyote

Find old data

Post by cacoyote »

OO note says info doesn't exist. I have been using Spreadsheet for quite awhile but haven't accessed it recently. I know it's here somewhere but I'm unable to get to it. Any help certainly appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOS 10.14
RoryOF

Re: Find old data

Post by RoryOF »

Use the system file search to look for the file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
cacoyote

Post by cacoyote »

Using MacOS 10.14- Looking under "file" my info is listed under "recent documents" but when I click on it I get that error message, "does not exist".
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOS 10.14
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Try using File | Open from the OpenOffice menu; or as suggested above, use the Finder (I think that is what it is called in MacOS). Recent Documents is simply a list of documents you have opened recently; if, for example, the document is moved or deleted outside of OpenOffice the Recent Documents list will still point to its former location.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
cacoyote wrote:I have been using Spreadsheet for quite awhile but haven't accessed it recently. I know it's here somewhere but I'm unable to get to it.
Being unable to find your file is not an OpenOffice problem. Your Mac has many tools to help you. If you can’t find a file on Mac

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).