[Solved] Installation died, can't start OO

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Feldur

[Solved] Installation died, can't start OO

Post by Feldur »

I've had OpenOffice working for months now on my mac. Today, when I try to start it, the time out error i've never gone in and fixed happens, but no windows appear. I can command-tab to the application, and get the "OpenOffice File Edit" menu sets, but all the actual commands are grayed out. I tried moving 2.4.0 to trash and installing 2.4.1, but that did not change anything. I can forcibly quit the application, and can quit X11, but none of these actions, nor rebooting, will cause OO to actually start.

Anyone got an idea what to look at?

Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Hagar Delest

Re: Installation died, can't start OO

Post by Hagar Delest »

That's strange, there are several threads about that already! Is there any Mac update that has been installed recently???
-> Calc does not start anymore ("command timed out").
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Feldur

Post by Feldur »

I think I recall an OSX update the other day, so that could be it. The other thread suggests OO-3, so I'll try that in the meantime.

Thanks

(Edit: I found the thread http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 198#p38469 which suggests it's an X11 problem.)
Feldur

Post by Feldur »

Follow-up - 3.0 works fine, and does a better job of importing formulas using the Excel INDIRECT and ADDRESS functions.