[Solved] 4.1.7 for MacOS 10.14 won't load due to Java JRE

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
ank

[Solved] 4.1.7 for MacOS 10.14 won't load due to Java JRE

Post by ank »

Open Office will not load. A dialogue box pops up saying that preferences have changed and that I must select JRE in the tools menu. But since OO doesn't load I cannot do that. WTF is my only thought after loading and rebooting several times. Now I have no OO version to use.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Mac OS10.14
RoryOF

Re: 4.1.7 for MacOS 10.14 won't load due to Java JRE dialogu

Post by RoryOF »

I'm not a Mac user, so suggest you read this tutorial; it is an essential tutorial for Mac users; it will solve a lot of Mac related problems
Tutorial: Mac FAQ

and may offer a solution.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
ank

Re: 4.1.7 for MacOS 10.14 won't load due to Java JRE dialogu

Post by ank »

Well, I was very frustrated when presented with the dialogue box that would not close that I took my wife's suggestion to go for a walk and a wine out by the river. When I came back after about 4 hours, Open Office had loaded. Go figure. It worked the problem through on its own.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Mac OS10.14
Oldgit

Re: [Solved] 4.1.7 for MacOS 10.14 won't load due to Java JR

Post by Oldgit »

I have exactly the same problem (a box stating "The OpenOffice configuration has been changed. Under Tools-Options-OpenOffice-Java, select the Java runtime environment you want to have used by OpenOffice." If I press the OK button it just 'dings' and does nothing. There is a right click option on the tray icon which states JRE. I clicked this and it does nothing. I left it overnight to ponder, but no luck. I obviosly cannot access OpenOffice to select any of the above.
Any advice please?
Open Office 4.1.7 on MacOS 10.14