[Solved] Top menu bar is missing

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

[Solved] Top menu bar is missing

Postby pika3Bird » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:47 pm

I am using Impress in Open Office version 4.1.7 on a MacBook Pro. Today it is missing the top menu bar that has the words Save, Edit, Insert, and so on. Can't find a way to get it back. I have tried the toolbar options without success. Need help!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Gave more descriptive title, was: Top Menu; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Apache Open Office 4.1.7 on MacBook Pro- Mojave 10.14.6
but I am now registering on my PC where I began using AOO
pika3Bird

Re: Top Menu

Postby RoryOF » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Try pressing CMD Shift J to come out of Full Screen mode. On my computer (linux) Esc also works.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby pika3Bird » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:52 am

Cmd Shift J brought me to Siri. Esc did nothing. I just purchased this Mac laptop a few weeks ago. I had that menu bar when I first put up my slide show, but now it's gone.
pika3Bird

Postby MrProgrammer » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

pika3Bird wrote:Today [Impress] is missing the top menu bar that has the words Save, Edit, Insert, and so on. Can't find a way to get it back.
You may have activated the MacOS full screen mode, which is different than the OpenOffice full screen mode. To terminate full screen mode move the mouse pointer to the very top of the screen and the menu bar will appear. Under the , click the rightmost button. Read about this in the MacOS help files.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 00.57.42 .png

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800 on MacOS 10.14.6.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
MrProgrammer

Postby pika3Bird » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Will try that later. Right now I can't do anything on my Mac because it's going through a major update. Will let you know if it works.
pika3Bird

Re: Top menu bar is missing SOLVED

Postby pika3Bird » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 pm

After my update was complete, I went back and opened my Impress slide show. I clicked on the green button and it went to full screen (it hadn't been full screen before). Then when I went back to the normal size, I found the Menu bar I was looking for on the top bar of the desktop in line with the Apple icon. It was not part of the slide show panel, so maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place before.

Thank you for your suggestions. They helped get me there!
pika3Bird

Return to Mac OSX