[Solved] App needs to be updated by the Developer

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
dingodoug

[Solved] App needs to be updated by the Developer

Post by dingodoug »

After installing Catalina - latest MacOS I get the following message - App needs to be updated by the developer..."The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information". it appears that Catalina is now operating on a 64-bit system and the current Openoffice app is based on a 32-bit system. Help please.
Last edited by dingodoug on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.7. MacOS Catalina
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: App needs to be updated by the Developer

Post by Zizi64 »

The LibreOffice has 64 bit version.
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
I suggest you to use the LO 6.2.7 version.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: App needs to be updated by the Developer

Post by John_Ha »

AOO 4.1.0 and later for Mac are all 64 bit.

The last 32-bit version of AOO for Mac was AOO 4.0.1 which was released years ago. AOO 4.1.0 through the current AOO 4.1.6 for Mac are all 64 bit.

Sec the MacOS Forum and MacOS FAQs.

Read Installation Instructions for Apple Macintosh

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RusselB

Re: [Solved] Open Office Will No Longer Open After Update

Post by RusselB »

It's my understanding that there is a 64 bit version of OpenOffice for Macs.
Did you check the download page for available options for Mac?
Even then that OS update might be more recent than the most recent OpenOffice release.
If this is the case, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for another OpenOffice update.
You might find that LibreOffice has a compatible version.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
dingodoug

Re: App needs to be updated by the Developer (Solved)

Post by dingodoug »

Thank you all for your replies....ziz164, John_Ha and RusselB.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have successfully Installed OpenOffice version 4.1.7 Everything working as normal. However I have had a good look at Libreoffice and like what is on offer. I am thinking of moving over to Libreoffice.

Thanks you again. Much appreciated...dingodoug.
Openoffice 4.1.7. MacOS Catalina