[Solved] Saving .ods file to .xls file on macOS Catalina

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
bangkokdr

[Solved] Saving .ods file to .xls file on macOS Catalina

Post by bangkokdr »

Hello,

I just installed macOS Catalina on my mac. After editing a .ods spreadsheet, I wanted to save it as a .xls file. Every time I tried to do this, the open office app crashes. I then updated it to the latest version 4.1.7. The latest version has the same problem. Editing any .ods spreadsheet, saving it as a .ods file and then trying to save it as a .xls file, causes the open office app to crash. Tried this several times with no success. Has anyone else experienced the same problem ? Would appreciate any guidance to solve this issue.

Thanks.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and macOS Catalina 10.15
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Saving an .ods file to an .xls file on macOS Catalina

Post by Zizi64 »

Try the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
bangkokdr

Re: Saving an .ods file to an .xls file on macOS Catalina

Post by bangkokdr »

Thank you for your reply on using LibreOffice.

Just as an update. I just tried saving the file as a .xls file from a .ods file and as long as there is no pre-existing .xls file with the same name, the function works. It only doesn't work if you are trying to overwrite a previous version of the .xls file.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and macOS Catalina 10.15