Opening OO

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
wbt0927

Opening OO

Post by wbt0927 »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm using OO 3.0 Beta 2 with my macbook 10.5.4 and I am not sure how to open the application. As it stands now, the only way I can open oo is by going into "my documents" folder and opening an oo document and then clicking "new" to begin a new document. The oo icon that is in the dock does not open the application. It opens the window with the four items OpenOffice.org.app, Applications, Licenses, and Readmes. I have dragged OpenOffice.org.app into Applications long ago, but this window keeps opening when I click on the oo icon in the dock. Is this normal or have I done something wrong after downloading? Thanks Bill
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx other + Mac osx 10.5.2
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Opening OO

Post by lgusaas »

wbt0927 wrote:Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
I'm using OO 3.0 Beta 2 with my macbook 10.5.4 and I am not sure how to open the application. As it stands now, the only way I can open oo is by going into "my documents" folder and opening an oo document and then clicking "new" to begin a new document. The oo icon that is in the dock does not open the application. It opens the window with the four items OpenOffice.org.app, Applications, Licenses, and Readmes. I have dragged OpenOffice.org.app into Applications long ago, but this window keeps opening when I click on the oo icon in the dock. Is this normal or have I done something wrong after downloading? Thanks Bill
It sounds liked you dragged the disk image (.dmg) to the Applications folder instead of installing OO.o. To check, open Finder and go to Applications. Check the extension on 'OpenOfiice.org' It should be '.app'. If it is '.dmg' you haven't installed it.

If it is '.dmg' open it. Drag the item 'OpenOffice.org.app' to the item 'Applications' to install it. After it is installed you can delete the'.dmg' item.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura