Failure to install «Q05»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
vicfurb

Failure to install «Q05»

Post by vicfurb »

I have OpenOffice 4.1.6 on my windows 10 computer and things are great,except for my hard drive...I'm told it could go at anytime. It is 6 or 7 yrs old, so I'm not surprised. I'm moving to my backup computer, which is an iMac, 10.14.4 Mojave. I want to use openOffice on the iMac because almost all of my files I created over several years were done in OpenOffice. Yesterday, I downloaded Open Office (4.1.6 ) to the iMac. It seems to have downloaded properly. However, the iMac would not let me install the program.It said that the program did not come from the App Store, therefore could
not be installed.This seems strange to me, as last week I installed 2 other programs that did not come from the app. store. Chances are I'm not doing something right, so it looks like I 'm in need of some help. So if you can assist me with this matter. I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks, Vic
OpenOffice 4.1.6--on windows 10 OS-
RoryOF

Re: Failure to install

Post by RoryOF »

Ah! The Mac Gatekeeper application strikes again! The answer is in this tutorial, an essential tutorial for Mac users; it will solve a lot of Mac related problems
Tutorial: Mac FAQ
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Re: Failure to install

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers