Trouble Initializing OO

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
adonald

Trouble Initializing OO

Post by adonald »

I had trouble opening an Excel file from OO, so I re-installed Open Office for Mac 4.1.6 on my IMac OS Yosemite v 10.10.5. It downloaded all the files, but when I launched it a window that reads "Verifying "OpenOffice"... opens and gets stuck without showing any progress. So I cannot launch OO. Any recommendations?
Open Office 4.1.6 on Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.5 on IMac
MrProgrammer

Re: Trouble Initializing OO

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
adonald wrote:It downloaded all the files
Unless you need additional languages, there is only one file to download.
adonald wrote:Any recommendations?
Reboot your Mac, then try again. Review [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q03/A03. You can ensure you have a complete, undamaged, certified download by following the procedure in Q18/A18.
adonald wrote:a window that reads "Verifying "OpenOffice"... opens and gets stuck without showing any progress.
Opening and verifying a disk image is a function of MacOS. Many people have successfully opened the OpenOffice disk images for Macs. If your Mac cannot open a undamaged disk image, contact Apple support.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
adonald

Re: Trouble Initializing OO

Post by adonald »

Thank you - I will have to contact Apple.
Open Office 4.1.6 on Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.5 on IMac