Integrating Zotero with OpenOffice on Mac

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Aidonithith

Integrating Zotero with OpenOffice on Mac

Post by Aidonithith »

Hello!

I'm having trouble setting up OPen Office and Zotero on a MAC. I've managed to transfer all my 2800 endnote references into Zotero (yay)and looks OK. I updated OS to El capitan (10.11.2) and have open Office 4.1.2 and Zotero 4.0.28.8.

Had trouble with integration, but finally the Zotero buttons showed up on Open Office - but when I click them nothing happens!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help much appreciated!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added keyword Zotero to title
OpenOffice 3.1
MrProgrammer

Re: Trouble integrating with Open Office on MAC

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Aidonithith wrote:Had trouble with integration, but finally the Zotero buttons showed up on Open Office - but when I click them nothing happens!
Openoffice Zotero icon disappeared

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Jell-OTell-O

Re: Trouble integrating with OpenOffice on Mac

Post by Jell-OTell-O »

That link to the post on the Zotero forum says " Zotero has not supported OpenOffice for many years, and development of OpenOffice itself is basically dead." I don't know whether Zotero has has stopped supporting OpenOffice, but it seems that OpenOffice is still being developed (version 4.1.7 released about 5 weeks a go). So...what's the validity of this post on the Zotero forum?
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

The latest release of AOO was only three bug fixes - make of that what you will.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Aidonithith wrote:Hello!

I'm having trouble setting up OPen Office and Zotero on a MAC. I've managed to transfer all my 2800 endnote references into Zotero (yay)and looks OK. I updated OS to El capitan (10.11.2) and have open Office 4.1.2 and Zotero 4.0.28.8.

Had trouble with integration, but finally the Zotero buttons showed up on Open Office - but when I click them nothing happens!

Silly questions, but is Zotero open?

I am using Zotero 5.0.6 with LibreOffice 6.9.7.3 rather than AOO mainly because it is a hassle to install AOO on Ubuntu but I have used earlier versions of AOO and Zotero on Ubuntu with no problem. Any luck with the Zotero forums? It might be a MAC-specific issue.

See
Aidonithith wrote:Hello!

Silly question, but is Zotero open?

I am using Zotero 5.0.6 with LibreOffice 6.9.7.3 rather than AOO mainly because it is a hassle to install AOO on Ubuntu but I have used earlier versions of AOO and Zotero on Ubuvtu with no problem.

It may be a Mac-specific issue. See https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/71 ... ro-for-mac for an example.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04