4.1.6 can't paste clipboard

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Nick Barnett

4.1.6 can't paste clipboard

Post by Nick Barnett »

I downloaded 4.1.6 last night. It seemed to work OK.
B U T
I found I couldn't paste from the clipboard! (I got the error message "The contents of the clipboard could not be pasted." or similar.)
S O
I reloaded 4.1.5,which worked, so that's what I'm working on (until 4.1.7 comes along)! :knock:

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and 6 / OSX 10.10.5
Hagar Delest

Re: 4.1.6

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Strange. Do you have any clipboard manager?
Haven't seen that kind of discussion yet for the 4.1.6. I'm sure a Mac user confirm it's not a general issue.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Nick Barnett

Re: 4.1.6 can't paste clipboard

Post by Nick Barnett »

Thanks. Your reply makes me want to try again. I'll go back to 4.1.6 and do what I was doing yesterday.
Nick Barnett

Post by Nick Barnett »

Nope. No dice. It's posting to a spreadsheet that can't be done. Posting to a text document works OK.

If I type 'ABC' into a spreadsheet, then I CAN copy and paste it into a different cell, or cut and paste it, but if I paste it into TextEdit, and then copy it (to the clipboard) again and try and paste it back in the spreadsheet, I get the error message "The contents of the clipboard could not be pasted."

I don't have a clipboard manager, Hagar.

Can anyone suggest other tests which might help narrow this down?
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Works OK for me on W7.
Nick Barnett wrote: if I ... copy it something in TextEdit (to the clipboard) again and try and paste it back in the spreadsheet, I get the error message "The contents of the clipboard could not be pasted."
Can you paste it back into TextEdit? Paste it into something else? If you cannot it is because you are not capturing the copy correctly from TextEdit so it is a TextEdit problem.

Two other things to try:

1. Strange problems are sometimes fixed by resetting the profile - see Resetting the user profile.

2. Boot the PC in Safe Mode which does not start all the utilities and extras. If it works OK then it is one of those utilities or extras causing the problem.

Strange that it works in Writer but not Calc ...
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

I have no problems pasting into a spreadsheet on my Mac.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura