CPU usage since Mojave

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mmanson

CPU usage since Mojave

Post by mmanson »

Hi everyone, I had an issue in the past where upgrading from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro make OO calc use huge amounts of CPU during scrolling. This issue got solved thanks to this forum, the solution was to switch from the colour profile P3, which is the default Mac profile, to a generic RGB.

Last night I updated to Mojave and the issue re-appeared in full force, now even normal sorting or any copying is extremely slow and brings CPU to 100%. Scrolling is basically impossible. I tried the colour profile, none of them improve the issue, it just makes OO calc crash after too much switching. Any idea how to resolve this?

The laptop is a 2016 MacBook Pro 15'', I tried already updating from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5

EDIT: The low resolution solution worked in this case, the colour profile did not. I hope eventually another option to be available, it is really bad working at the resolution
OpenOffice 4.3 MacOS 10.12.6
MrProgrammer

Re: CPU usage since Mojave

Post by MrProgrammer »

mmanson wrote:Last night I updated to Mojave and the issue re-appeared in full force, now even normal sorting or any copying is extremely slow and brings CPU to 100%. Scrolling is basically impossible.
[Solved] Calc scrolling change from Air to Pro

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
mmanson

Re: CPU usage since Mojave

Post by mmanson »

MrProgrammer, that solution no longer works in Mojave
OpenOffice 4.3 MacOS 10.12.6