[Solved] Display problems with OO menus and drop down boxes

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Telyn

[Solved] Display problems with OO menus and drop down boxes

Post by Telyn »

I've been using OpenOffice for a few years, thanks very much for this software, so appreciated. In the past couple of months it's started displaying very strangely, and I'm really curious if anyone has seen this before? I've more or less learnt how to work with it without being able to see everything properly but I'd love to fix it. I am also now pretty curious but don't the knowledge to figure it out any further...

I'm pretty sure the likely culprit is a Mac OS update but in my overworked state at the time I don't actually remember which one.

I have:
- deleted and refreshed my user profile
- updated Java
- I was on the latest update of AOO anyway but tried reinstalling
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.18.46.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.19.07 copy.jpg
Thanks!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.5, Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
MrProgrammer

Re: Display problems with OO menus and drop down boxes

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Telyn wrote:I've more or less learnt how to work with it without being able to see everything properly but I'd love to fix it.
Font problem? [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q32/A32
Or try the Guest User account. Q28/A28
Telyn wrote:I'm pretty sure the likely culprit is a Mac OS update but in my overworked state at the time I don't actually remember which one.
Q15/A15

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).