[Solved] Doesn't open an AOO file with double-click

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
eleanorb

[Solved] Doesn't open an AOO file with double-click

Post by eleanorb »

To open a file, I have to use the Open menu command from within the application. Other methods do not work. The proper app is specified in "open all files like this", but nothing. This happens on Calc and doc files (but I mostly use Calc). What could be the problem? (I have 4.1.5, Mac OSX 10.11.6)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: doesn't open an OO file with double-click

Post by Zizi64 »

To open a file,
Which type of files did you meant? The native ODF or the MS Office related ones?
Last edited by Zizi64 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
eleanorb

Re: Doesn't open an AOO file with double-click

Post by eleanorb »

Happens with native .ods files. Haven't tried with guest user, will do that.
AOO 4.1.8 and LO 6.4.5 on MacOS 10.15.7
eleanorb

Post by eleanorb »

I'm ashamed to say that this problem is no longer occurring for me. I'm ashamed because I didn't record when or how it stopped, so I can't be a responsible netizen and share the information. I can only apologize, and hope to save you the trouble of further correspondence. Eleanor
AOO 4.1.8 and LO 6.4.5 on MacOS 10.15.7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

For information: usually when an OO file does not open with a double click, the computer has lost the File Association that tells it to use OO to open that type of file. By right clicking on a file of a given type, one normally gets a popup menu to say (words to the effect) "Open with" presenting a list of applications. From these one should select OpenOffice and find the option that says (words to the effect) "always open with this application". If OO is not offered as an application there may be a further link to "other applications", which allows one to navigate to and select OpenOffice.

For specific operating systems there may be shortcut methods of doing this for all OO-type files, rather than individually for each type of file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS