[Solved] How to Open PDF file in OpenOffice?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
david4561

[Solved] How to Open PDF file in OpenOffice?

Post by david4561 »

I dumped my 7 HP Pavilion after the mother board failed. Bought a MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite, and transferred all my data files to the Mac from the old HP hard drive. I have used open Office for many years, so I have a lot of Open office files. All of my .odp & .pps presentations that I had done on my HP in Open Office run okay on the new Mac. The problem I'm having is the .doc and .txt files run on Mac 'Pages' and Open Office, but .pdf and .wps(Microsoft Word) files will not. What do I use to open the .pdf files, and what can I use to convert .wps files to .doc files or to make them workable as a .wps file.
When I try to run these files I get a pop -up "ASCCI Filter Options" Which means nothing to me.... Help.
David

Edit: I got the solution, Mac has it's default pdf reader :D
Last edited by david4561 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 for Macbook Pro
mybkexperience krogerfeedback
RoryOF

Re: How to Open PDF file in OpenOffice?

Post by RoryOF »

Do not use OpenOffice to open PDF files. There should be a default PDF reader on the Mac, but not being a Mac user I don't know what it is called.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
nikhilkanna.1234

Re: [Solved] How to Open PDF file in OpenOffice?

Post by nikhilkanna.1234 »

firstly Search for "Oracle PDF Import Extension", and click on it. Choose the system suitable for your computer. After you download the PDF extension for OpenOffice, select "Open" from the "File" menu and locate the PDF file that you want to edit and open. After you have opened the PDF, you can now edit the PDF file.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

nikhikanna.1234 wrote: firstly Search for "Oracle PDF Import Extension", and click on it. Choose the system suitable for your computer. After you download the PDF extension for OpenOffice, select "Open" from the "File" menu and locate the PDF file that you want to edit and open. After you have opened the PDF, you can now edit the PDF file.
Best not to use that method if serious (i.e., non cosmetic) editing is required. Better to use a proper PDF editor.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The LibreOffice has PDF import feature by default. The PDF files will be opened in the Draw application, and you can make some small corrections only. It is not a full PDF editor feature.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.