[Solved] OpenOffice docs not responding to double click

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
viningc

[Solved] OpenOffice docs not responding to double click

Post by viningc »

1. I have searched the forum to, hopefully find an answer, but couldn't find one. Notice I didn't say it isn't there, just that I couldn't find one.

2. I am running OpenOffice on a 27" iMac, with a Retina 5K display, 32 GB RAM, OSX v10.13.6

3. I am also running a second, much smaller side 19" display with a non-Retina monitor. It's an old PC monitor I am using because I needed extra screen space.

4. Until recently, everything was working normally as I have come to expect OpenOffice to work.

Periodically, I will double click on an odt file and it refuses to open. I can open OpenOffice and select one of the last ten documents I've worked on, but that only opens a single document. When I am working, I may have as many as eight or more odt documents open at once; the file I'm working on and additional reference documents. Most in the main window at 120% size and one or two in the secondary monitor at 100% size.

[Added] While working on my question, I may have inadvertently stumbled upon the answer. I usually turn off the power to the secondary monitor at night but just let my iMac go to sleep so it can do its scheduled backup when I'm not using it. When I powered up the secondary monitor, one of my "missing" documents was there when it came on. I now believe that all the time I had trouble was because I couldn't see the document I had tried to open because t was opening in the secondary screen, even though it was turned off.

I am going to leave this here in case there is anyone else who encounters the same problem. If I find that, in fact, I have resolved the problem, then I will eventually come back and mark the post as [Resolved].

Hope this helps someone else. ;)
Last edited by robleyd on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on macOS 10.13.2
viningc

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice docs not responding to double click

Post by viningc »

Everything seems to be working properly, so I'm going to mark this solved. I just need to remember to either turn on my second monitor or make sure there is only a single display set up in System Preferences.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on macOS 10.13.2