Files locked by unknown user

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
angelles35

Files locked by unknown user

Post by angelles35 »

I don't know where to post this but I downloaded 4.1.5 Open Office on my macbook and now all my files are locked and when i save them they create new locked folders. I need help unlocking these folders. I went thru and deleted the ones that had clouds with a slash thru them and relaunched but it has not fixed the issue....
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on MacOS High Sierra
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Files locked by unknown user

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I have seen a few posts by Mac users where there have been compatibility issues with AOO 4.1.5
You might try Libre Office and see if it works for you.
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
MrProgrammer

Re: Files locked by unknown user

Post by MrProgrammer »

angelles35 wrote:my files are locked
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q16/A16 or Q17/A17
angelles35 wrote:when i save them they create new locked folders
I don't use 4.1.5 or HIgh Sierra. Your statement is meaningless to me.
angelles35 wrote:clouds with a slash thru them
Also meaningless to me. But if you are attempting to store OpenOffice documents "in the cloud" I suggest that you not do that. OpenOffice was not designed for cloud storage. Move OpenOffice documents with Finder from the cloud to your hard drive. Keep all OpenOffice documents on your hard drive.

If you need to keep documents "in the cloud" use different software, like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. I believe these are included with High Sierra or can be downloaded for free from the App Store. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote should work with cloud storage. I do not use those applications and cannot advise you how to convert your files for them except in very general terms like: Use copy/paste or use www.zamzar.com. You can probably find posts about conversion for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote on these forums.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).