[Solved] Screen Shot

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
robglass

[Solved] Screen Shot

Post by robglass »

Whereas FireFox 59.0.1 has a nifty "Take Screenshot" utility on its toolbar ( replacing Command + Option + 4 ), I can find no take screenshot/screen capture function for Open Office.
Does OO have a screen shot utility ? A series of steps to achieve a screen shot ?

Thanks !

Rob Glass

OS 10.13.1
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and FireFox 60.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.4
RusselB

Re: Screen Shot

Post by RusselB »

Not being familiar with a Mac, I don't know if you would have the keys I would use available.
On my Windows system, I would press Ctrl+Shift+PrtSc
On my keyboard, that last key is located immediately to the right of the F12 key. It's also marked SysRq
If you have a PrtSc (or similar) key on your keyboard, you could try the sequence described.
On my Windows system, it creates a copy of what it on the screen, and places it into the clipboard memory, so if I want to use it, I then have to paste the image into another program.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

A Google search for "mac take screenshot" should find an answer.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

In my Win7 op.sys.:
- "Print screen" key to put whole screen content onto the clipboard,
- "Alt-Print screen" keys to put the content of the active window onto the clipboard.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

robglass wrote:Does OO have a screen shot utility?
No. It makes no sense to build a screen capture facility in every individual application.
robglass wrote:A series of steps to achieve a screen shot?
Use Mac OS X: see Finder → Help → Search → Screenshot → Topic → Take pictures of the screen. For my version (OS X 10.9.5) it says to use Shift-Command (⌘)-3. Since you don't know how to do this after using your Mac for quite a while, it suggests to me that you should go to your local library and borrow one of the many "Intro to Mac"-type books. Even one several years old will do since the basics of using Mac OS X haven't changed much in ten years.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
robglass

SOLVED

Post by robglass »

Dear Guys,

I had forgotten the keyboard shortcut ( Command+Shift+3 ) kindly suggested by MrProgrammer.

Thank you all for your helpful advise ! :super:

Rob Glass
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and FireFox 60.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.4