[Solved] Deleting .dmg files

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mrbdent

[Solved] Deleting .dmg files

Post by mrbdent »

I am running AOO 4.1.3 on iMac High Sierra 10.13.3. Trying to clean up outdated files to better organize my hdd and found several instances of AOO on my box. 4.0.1, 4.1.1, 4.1.2,4.1.3.dmg, 4.1.3-2.dmg, 4.1.3-3.dmg...etc.
My question is, can I delete all of the .dmg files except for the most recent and still operate correctly, or do these files build on each other? Each one is 174MB+/-...with 9 of them there it would free up space. I love AOO and just want to make sure I am still able to use it and do not do anything wrong when deleting these disk image files? Thank you so much! Bob
Last edited by mrbdent on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
iMac High Sierra 10.13.3
MrProgrammer

Re: Deleting .dmg files

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
mrbdent wrote:… can I delete all of the .dmg files except for the most recent and still operate correctly …÷
You don't need any DMG files except during the installation process. See [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q03/A03.
mrbdent wrote:… do these files build on each other?
No. They are independent. Each contains the complete version.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).