[Solved] Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
The Man of Bronze

[Solved] Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Post by The Man of Bronze »

I have a window open that says, "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" I can't get rid of it. I've clicked both "Don't Reopen" and "Reopen" and nothing happens. I can't shut down because it says that OpenOffice has interrupted the shutdown. I've done a forced shut down and as soon as I try to open OpenOffice the window comes back. With this window open I can't do anything except open already existing documents. I can't start any new ones. Any suggestions?
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Mac OS X
robleyd

Re: Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Post by robleyd »

G'day, and welcome to the community forum.

Please see Q01/A01 in [Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
The Man of Bronze

Re: Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Post by The Man of Bronze »

That did the trick.

Thanks mate
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Mac OS X
robe396

Re: [Solved] Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Post by robe396 »

Hi

I followed instructions - org.openoffice.script.savedState found and sent to Trash but not worked !! Cant open OO either now and bug window is still on screen.

Please help

Robe396
OpenOffice4.1 on Apple Mac
MrProgrammer

Re: [Solved] Don't Reopen/Reopen window

Post by MrProgrammer »

robe396 wrote:I followed instructions - org.openoffice.script.savedState found and sent to Trash but not worked !! Cant open OO either now and bug window is still on screen.
The instructions seem to work for everyone else. Perhaps try Q21/A21. Then Q01/A01. Then reboot. Then launch OpenOffice. The key is that ~/Library/Saved Application State/org.openoffice.script.savedState must be gone when OpenOffice starts. Or try to reproduce the problem on the Guest User account, Q28/A28. If you can't, see Q02/A02.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).