Mac 4.1.5 fails; installed from unknown source

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
amanpreet

Mac 4.1.5 fails; installed from unknown source

Post by amanpreet »

Hi
I installed Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US.dmg on my mac which is running on 10.13.2 that is high sierra but when I open the office it try to verify the OpenOffice and fails and says cannot be verified as it was installed from unknown source but i have downloaded this from the site itself.

please help me i am not able to access my details and that is creating a issue.

please help
OpenOffice 4.1.5
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 now available

Post by lgusaas »

amanpreet wrote:Hi
I installed Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US.dmg on my mac which is running on 10.13.2 that is high sierra but when I open the office it try to verify the OpenOffice and fails and says cannot be verified as it was installed from unknown source but i have downloaded this from the site itself.

please help me i am not able to access my details and that is creating a issue.

please help
You should always read the release notes for the software you install. The answer to your problem is under "Known issues".
Here is a link: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dis ... nownIssues

Note: This question has been answered multiple times on this forum. A search would have found it. It is also in the link given for "Tutorial: Mac FAQ" in the thread immediately above this thread.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Mac 4.1.5 fails; installed from unknown source

Post by John_Ha »

I think Apple is even worse than Microsoft in being completely closed. Here we have Apple MacOS saying "This application was not downloaded from the Mac App store so Apple will prevent it from running".

Imagine if, every time you installed something, Windows said "This application was not downloaded from microsoft.com store so Microsoft will prevent it from running".

Apple is arrogance personified or, as a well known person would say, BIGLY.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Mac 4.1.5 fails; installed from unknown source

Post by lgusaas »

John_Ha wrote:I think Apple is even worse than Microsoft in being completely closed. Here we have Apple MacOS saying "This application was not downloaded from the Mac App store so Apple will prevent it from running".

Imagine if, every time you installed something, Windows said "This application was not downloaded from microsoft.com store so Microsoft will prevent it from running".

Apple is arrogance personified or, as a well known person would say, BIGLY.
Bullshit.
I can install any application that I want to on my Mac. Gatekeeper is a protection to the user to keep them from accidentally installing malware on their computer.

Why don't you learn how Macs work before posting FUD on the Mac forum. Or inaccurate advice on how to cure problems on Macs.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura