[Solved] Macbook not printing with Samsung Printer SL-J2165W

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
nielmarks

[Solved] Macbook not printing with Samsung Printer SL-J2165W

Post by nielmarks »

Hello,

I am a bit frustrated with this. I have Macbook 2015 with MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 installed.
I got this printer Samsung Inkjet Printer SL-J2165W connected to my Wifi Network where my macbook is also connected.
Though, my macbook can find the printer and install it successfully, but it can't print.
I always get this Out of Paper Error. :crazy:
I must add that i can scan documents with this printer using Macbook :ucrazy: , its only the printing which does not work.

Again, the printer prints pretty well with Windows Laptop, so the printer's printing mechanism is okay.

It would be great if any one could suggest any solutions or pointers to solution.

thanks in advance
Niel
Last edited by nielmarks on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
RoryOF

Re: Macbook not printing with Samsung Printer SL-J2165W

Post by RoryOF »

What happens if you tell the printer to print a selftest page, using the system application to speak directly to the printer? Does the printer print a page with an error message>
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
nielmarks

Post by nielmarks »

It seems there is no communication regarding printing with the printer from MacBook.
And its only with MacBook this happening and not with windows laptop.
Though, i must mention that when i ask the printer to scan from my MacBook its scanning fine.
So, the problem occurs only when i ask the printer to print from MacBook.
I have tried resetting the printer configurations multiple times but its not working.
Also, the printer is Bonjour supported but does not support Air print.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Can you connect printer to your router with an ethernet cable? (as a temporary measure to aid with faultfinding)? This looks like a configuration or driver error on the Macbook.
nielmarks

Post by nielmarks »

yes sure. Let me give it a try. will post any updates.
Thank you for responding. :)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You may have to install a new instance of the printer which uses the direct network connection.
nielmarks

Post by nielmarks »

Hi,

Thank you all. The problem seems to be solved now. I have been trying for months to solve it, thanks for the pointers provided its solved now.
:bravo:
Samsung SL-J2165W does not have an ethernet port and has a USB port for connection with laptop which i was not using as i was connecting it via WIFI.
So, now when i connect the printer using the USB into my MacBook and re-install the printer instance on my laptop
(switch off wifi in the printer, reset the printer instance present on MacBook and reinstall it, but this time it will show up as connected via USB) the print command worked fine and for the very first time i could print using my MacBook with this Printer :P :super:

Next i disconnected my USB cable from the laptop, switch on wifi on the printer, the printer is displayed as not connected/not in use,
but when i placed a print command from the laptop, communication between my MacBook and Printer happened again with out the USB connection and via-WIFI.

thanks a ton for providing with hints and pointers for solving this issue, :bravo: :super: :lol: :D

thanks
Niel