[Solved] Printing Preferences not followed

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
WillyM

[Solved] Printing Preferences not followed

Post by WillyM »

I have Oo 4.1.3 on MacOS 10.12.6. My Mac printing preferences include printing on both sides of the paper, plus preview first. When I 'print' from Open Office there is no preview, and printing uses separate pages. All other Apps follow my Mac preferences. Open Office printing preferences do not have an option for double sided printing. Is there a solution?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.3 with MacOS 10.12.6
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Printing Preferences not followed

Post by Villeroy »

Double side printing is called "duplex printing".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Re: Printing Preferences not followed

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
WillyM wrote:Open Office printing preferences do not have an option for double sided printing. Is there a solution?
Try switching the OpenOffice → General → Print Dialogs → Use OpenOffice dialogs option. Options are set with OpenOffice → Preferences.

Another idea is to use File → Export as PDF. Then use Preview to open and print the PDF. This is more work but avoids printing from OpenOffice and may be satisfactory if you don't do much printing. You can also do File → Print directly from Finder, which prints the PDF using detault options. Consult Apple's documentation for working with Finder.
WillyM wrote:All other Apps follow my Mac preferences.
OpenOffice was not developed by Apple. If you prefer Apple's user interface consider installing Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Those are probably available in the App Store.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).