[Solved] Will uninstall-reinstal OO 4.1.3 reset shortcuts?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
justdfy

[Solved] Will uninstall-reinstal OO 4.1.3 reset shortcuts?

Post by justdfy »

Hi.
I'm a Luddite! 'nuff said 8)
Macbook Air Version 10.12.6
OO 4.1.3.

I braved it and tried set a few shortcuts. Most I tried, worked OK.

One biggie, the "undo" option; MENU bar EDIT>undo; was originally set, as-normal, as 'Command+Z'. But I overlooked that by mistake, and set a shortcut for "Zoom" using the same shortcut.
On seeing my gaff, I tried to reset it all, but cannot remove/delete the "Zoom" shortcut of "Command+Z", so that the "UNDO" works again, as it was ("Command+Z").

Any ideas on how to reset, or fix this little problem, please?

Would my uninstall/reinstalling the whole OO 4.1.3 package reset these shortcuts - particularly the "EDIT>UNDO" by "Command+Z" - back to the original settings?

If uninstall/reinstall is worth a try, HOW TO??? (Please?)

Lots of shortcuts which (I think) were standard on the OO software for Windows Vista are either not there, or do not work. "MENUbar>Modify>Flip>Vertical & Horizontal" show the shortcut config next to the action in the menubar, but do not work. (?)

On shortcuts generally, comparing this Macbook to the old Toshiba L300, .'. a Windows Vista OS, it's as if the Mac OS OpenOffice package hasn't had as much effort put into it to fit it with the excellent shortcuts as standard for the Window's software.

On the Toshi, one could access the MENU bar with a shortcut. So "FILE, EDIT, VIEW, INSERT", etc, could all be got to by shortcuts, then again into each sub-function. But on the Mac, I can't use nor set-up shortcuts to open the MENU items, which seems as if whomever sorted the OO for Mac, wasn't trying?

Also (different issue), this Mac version's 'colors', especially in OO "Drawing", are (still) pretty 'off-color', with many nowhere near what they should be.

I recall asking this here a few months ago, and someone suggested selecting a different 'colors' option somewhere in the system config. I tried, but couldn't decipher the schemes available, and those they suggested switching to, weren't there. Plus, I was not confident enough to go a switching, in case I had trouble if it wasn't the correct action, so I gave up.

But it's a bit annoying, so....? (Like, for an old Luddite, becoming familiar, committing actions/changes in the system to memory so-as to be able to go back and re-configure it all, is one of those 'I give up!" situations. :cry: )

Anyone able to direct me to the nearest pub? I MEAN, to help me fix this?

Cheers
Last edited by justdfy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: Will uninstall-reinstal OO 4.1.3 reset shortcuts?

Post by erbsenzahl »

I think the renaming/erasing of the office user profile will do (if quickstarter runs shut it down before). Then OpenOffice will automatically generate a new office profile. But you will have to edit/define the shortcuts again...
Where to find the office profile: viewtopic.php?p=58403
Cheers
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

justdfy wrote:One biggie, the "undo" option; MENU bar EDIT>undo; was originally set, as-normal, as 'Command+Z'. But I overlooked that by mistake, and set a shortcut for "Zoom" using the same shortcut.
On seeing my gaff, I tried to reset it all, but cannot remove/delete the "Zoom" shortcut of "Command+Z", so that the "UNDO" works again, as it was ("Command+Z").
Works for me on Antergos. On the Customize dialog, I selected CTRL+Z which I had changed from "Undo" to "Zoom", clicked the Delete button, then clicked OK to close the Customize dialog. After restarting Writer, the CTRL+Z shortcut was back to "Undo".
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

justdfy wrote:Would my uninstall/reinstalling the whole OO 4.1.3 package reset these shortcuts
No, that would be a waste of your time.
justdfy wrote:Any ideas on how to reset, or fix this little problem, please?
Profile reset: [Tutorial] Mac FAQ, Q02/A02.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
justdfy wrote:I recall asking this here a few months ago, and someone suggested selecting a different 'colors' option somewhere in the system confi
My reply there. You are free to edit the palette if you like. It's option OpenOffice → Colors. For options see Q00/A00. You can rename the existing colors or you can change the hues of the colors. A search for "palette" in the forum should find some posts and perhaps one of them will address your situation.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
justdfy

Post by justdfy »

Thanks guys.
Following 'MrProgrammer's' instructions, I hit a wall asap.
Being without any support offline, I do what I can, which often makes a mess of the files and folders in my laptop/s. So MrP's instructions of doing the "Go to Folder" showed me I put the OO folder I created, in 'Applications', o boy? Let's just say I've given up, and will endure for as long as I can!
Personally, I do suspect I've been hacked and they've changed these things to mess me up more. The 'UNDO' options have changed a few times over the last few days. So...Wadafff?
being an Illuminumnuts puppet makes life pretty sad.

Cheers
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7