[Solved] Error '...unexpectedly quit while opening windows'.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Delaneyg

[Solved] Error '...unexpectedly quit while opening windows'.

Post by Delaneyg »

Hello,

I've a persistent problem that it is beyond my limited technical ability to solve. Can you help?

Every time I use open office this message appears and won't go away. 'The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? 'Also openoffice now only partly functions as lota of stuff doesn't work any more.

I've googled to try and fix this and seen various solutions on line, but I couldn't use any of them as they all referred to pull down menus I don't seem to have on my computer or which are greyed out. I also downloaded a German macro that was recommended to fix this, but when I try and run it i get the message 'execution of macros is disabled due to the current macro security setting in Tools-Options-OpenOffice-Security'. Unfortunately I am unable to fix this as again it seems to refer to menus I do not have available (or at least cannot find).

I am using OSX Version 10.9.5. I don't know what version of open office I am using as 'about openoffice' is greyed out. The version I listed in my signature is a guess as I wasn't allowed to leave it blank or put don't know.

If any of you can help I'd appreciate it. Please keep things a simple as possible as computing is not my area of expertise.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1 OS X Version 10.9.5
RoryOF

Re: Error message '...unexpectedly quit while opening window

Post by RoryOF »

The solution is probably that under Q1 in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283&p=420635&hil ... ws#p420635
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Delaneyg

Post by Delaneyg »

Thank you.

I've just had a look at this.I don't think i rightly understand what 'Use Finder → Go → Go to Folder → ~/Library/Saved Application State' means though.

I've used the finder icon on the bottom bar to try and locate ~/Library/Saved Application State but it doesn't find anything matching that. Am I doing something wrong?
Delaneyg

Post by Delaneyg »

Can anyone help with this?

I know where finder is, but I can't figure out how to do this bit "→ Go → Go to Folder" Can anyone tell me what key or pull down menu I need to be looking at?
Delaneyg

Post by Delaneyg »

I rang up a young person and I think I've got it sorted. When I opened finder a 'Go' option appeared at the top of the screen and that had what I needed on it.

Thanks for your help