[Solved] Border Weight Doesn't Save

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
lmstudio

[Solved] Border Weight Doesn't Save

Post by lmstudio »

I have a project that has a ton of spreadsheet charts in it that I print to PDF to place in an InDesign layout. The client gives me edits that I have to make in my OO file. Every time I open the document, the cell borders revert to a default and I have to change them to my preferred weight before printing to PDF. Why do the border widths not get saved when I change them and save the file? With this many charts and edits, that extra step and time is really a pain in the you-know-what! :?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.2 on Mac OS 10.9.5
acknak

Re: Border Weight Doesn't Save

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

What document format are you saving to? Saving to any format other than OOo's native ODF format (.ods for spreadsheets) carries some risk of losing formatting. If you're not saving as ODF, try that and see if you still have a problem.

Also, I believe there are different ways to set the border, or rather, different borders that can be set for an embedded object like a chart. What steps are you following to set the border?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
lmstudio

Re: Border Weight Doesn't Save

Post by lmstudio »

Thanks for the quick response! The original files were .xls and that's the way I was resaving them. I tried the resaving as .ods and that did the trick. THANKS!
Open Office 4.1.2 on Mac OS 10.9.5