Portfolio Web Query

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
robglass

Portfolio Web Query

Post by robglass »

I suspect I'm tackling way above my weight class. I wish to track stocks and options variables ( Intrinsic and Time Values ( IV & TV ) ). IV and TV are easily calculated. However, it is an incredible bore to look up prices to make the arithmetic calculations.
I have saved my portfolio to a local file ( pasting the URL of my portfolio in the Insert/Link to External Data address line yields "HTML_all and HTML_tables" neither of which opens useful tables. External Data must be locally saved and about six HTML_XX tables result. It happens that HTML_5 is the correct link.

However, Edit/((Undo/Redo) Update Link)" does not refresh my displayed portfolio.

Insert/Hyperlink/Target/Web,FTP,Telenet confuse me.

How close am I to displaying a constantly accurate table from which values can be determined ?

I know absolutely no coding at all. :crazy: :crazy:

Thanks !

Rob Glass

OO 4.1.3
iMac OS 10.12.5
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and FireFox 60.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.4
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Portfolio Web Query

Post by jrkrideau »

I think we need to know where you are getting your data from and how.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
robglass

Re: Portfolio Web Query

Post by robglass »

Dear jrkrideau,

Thanks for your prompt reply !

1) I save the URL of my portfolio ( https://live.invest.ally.com/accounts/holdings-balances ) to a local folder.

2) I select cell A1 on a new spreadsheet.

3) Sequentially click " Insert / Link to External Data /Return / Import Options "OK" / Both HTML_all and HTML_tables yield " The link could not be updated" in cell A1.

4) If I paste a data table ( for instance: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&uact=8 ) in the "External Data" address bar, I get the same " link no updated" results.

5) I can display very simple 3X4 tables using the "Insert/Link to External Data/ etc " keystrokes but cannot display complex arrays.

6) I had displayed my portfolio until a few days ago.

Have you experienced similar difficulties ?

Thanks !

Rob Glass
OpenOffice 4.1.5 and FireFox 60.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.4