[Solved] MacBook Air OpenOffice fonts missing

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
justdfy

[Solved] MacBook Air OpenOffice fonts missing

Post by justdfy »

Hi. New Macbook air OS 10.12.4
Downloaded from Apache website the latest OpenOffice 4.1.3 program, but some fonts I had as standard on OO4.1.3 on my old Windows Vista laptop are missing.
How do I find them on the OO website, and download them?
Or, are fonts part of the MacBook's OS?
Last edited by justdfy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: MacBook Air OpenOffice fonts missing

Post by Zizi64 »

some fonts I had as standard on OO4.1.3 on my old Windows Vista laptop are missing
The Windows has a set of default fonts like Arial, Times New Roman, etc... These font are commercial products of the Microsoft, and they are bundled with the Windows distribution or with the MS Office software. These fonts are not parts of the Apache OpenOffice or the LibreOffice.

Use the really free, and/or opensource fonts like the DejaVu font family, and the Linux Libertine, and the Liberation, etc... fonts instead of the commercial fonts.
(The install pack of the LibreOffice contains these free fonts.)

Or (maybe) you can buy the commercial fonts from the distributor (Microsoft) for your operating system too.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
justdfy

Re: MacBook Air OpenOffice fonts missing

Post by justdfy »

OK. Thanks again Zizi64.
I have in the meantime found out about the "MACBOOK Air" - not a Windows computer now, FYI - font cache, or such, and what fonts the Mac has available as standard. 8)
But at my rate, I'll figure out how to find and download the font I want, in a couple of days...... 8(
And yes, I'll dare myself and check out the Libre site.

Cheers.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7