When I attempt to access OpenOffice app am locked out.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
margaritamcn

When I attempt to access OpenOffice app am locked out.

Post by margaritamcn »

Receive this pop-up message:
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user 'ernestinemcnulty' closes OpenOffice.org on host 'Ernestines-iMac.local'. Do you really want to continue? Yes or No
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Mac OS X Version 10.8.5
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: When I attempt to access OpenOffice app am locked out.

Post by lgusaas »

margaritamcn wrote:Receive this pop-up message:
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user 'ernestinemcnulty' closes OpenOffice.org on host 'Ernestines-iMac.local'. Do you really want to continue? Yes or No
If no one else is using OpenOffice click Yes
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
RusselB

Re: When I attempt to access OpenOffice app am locked out.

Post by RusselB »

It sounds like you didn't close Open Office properly the last time (possible power failure or reduction due to screen/power saver options).
If you are on a stand alone system, then the easiest recourse is to just restart your computer.
When closing down Open Office, make sure it has enough time for the internal file keeping to complete (2-3 minutes should be sufficient)
Open Office uses a more complex method of storing files than straight writing them to disk, thus it takes a bit longer to complete.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.