[Solved] OpenOffice won't save on Yosemite 10.10.5

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
glostergull

[Solved] OpenOffice won't save on Yosemite 10.10.5

Post by glostergull »

I have open office installed on my iMac . its a 2009 model 6gb ram with 2tb hard drive. when i bought it open office was installed which i was very pleased about but when i open it usually on text document i find it won't save and asks for an java runtime environment to be installed and then it crashes. I have tried to download an java runtime environment programme to find its not allowable.
What can i do to get around this problem. Im not that technical. so please bear with me. thanks. :? :crazy:
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open office 4.1.1
imac. yosemite 10.10.5
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice won't save on Yosemite 10.10.5

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
glostergull wrote:I have tried to download an java runtime environment programme to find its not allowable.
Read about "Known Issues for macOS users" in the Release Notes. Always read the release notes when installing Open Office or any other software on any computer. There are hundreds of posts about Java in this forum if you need more help.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).