[Solved] Microsoft Word overpass Writer

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
papa denis

[Solved] Microsoft Word overpass Writer

Post by papa denis »

I use OO 4,1,3 on a Macbook Pro whit Siera.
I hate Windows products. But I need it to be compatible whit some people who got .docx files extension. So I install Windows Office for Mac. In the Finder, each Writer files now got the Word icon and open whit Windows Word instead OO. I really want to use OO first. How could I set my Mac or Word to be in second and Writer in first. I could still open Writer files by the menu Open and select files I want. It's longer than a direct access in the Finder.

I use OO since 5 years now and I ask rarely help. I know people who support OO are really great and I want to tanks every one for helping so many people.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open office 4.1.3
Mac book pro
MacOS Sierre 10.12.3
RusselB

Re: Microsoft Word overpass Writer

Post by RusselB »

I don't believe there's a way to set a primary and secondary application for file types.
A default (aka primary) application can be set. [Tutorial] Setting the default program for MS Office formats

An alternative might be to switch to Libre Office which has been reported as having better compatibility with the .???X MS formats
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
papa denis

Re: Microsoft Word overpass Writer

Post by papa denis »

I found the answer in Setting the default program fo MS Office formats.
The answer was fro Larry I Gusaas Mon Apr 04 2011.
He is a genius and our quit similar. Tanks a lot.
Papa Denis
Open office 4.1.3
Mac book pro
MacOS Sierre 10.12.3