[Solved] Files don't open, only background screen

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
ianina

[Solved] Files don't open, only background screen

Post by ianina »

Hello,
I'm using OpenOffice 3.4.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.5
All of a sudden, OpenOffice does not open any file, but just shows the backgrounds selection screen, with no chance of selecting any, anyway, or get out of this screen. If I click Edit File I can see the text, but cannot edit. If I click on Preview Page, I can see the text also. Then, it goes back to that background selection screen again.
Please help!

IW

Thanks for your reply Mr. Programmer. Actually I ended up uninstalling the OpenOffice I had, and installing the latest version, and now everything works fine!!
But I'll try what you say if it fails again! Thanks!
Last edited by ianina on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.4.0 on MacOS X 10.9.5
MrProgrammer

Re: Files don't open, only background screen

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
ianina wrote:All of a sudden, OpenOffice does not open any file, but just shows the backgrounds selection screen, with no chance of selecting any, anyway, or get out of this screen. If I click Edit File I can see the text, but cannot edit. If I click on Preview Page, I can see the text also. Then, it goes back to that background selection screen again.
I've never seen that behavior but shutting down your computer and restarting it seems like a good first step. I do not know what you mean by "click on Preview Page" — Quick Look perhaps?. If the problem persists try a different account on your Mac. ← Read details. I realize your symptoms are different than what's in that post, but the solution might be the same. Be sure to download only from http://openoffice.org/download. Other ideas …

[Solved] Data invisible
[Solved] No text in OpenOffice dialogs on OS X 10.10
Some Fonts are not readable
OpenOffice Dialog Boxes Text Blank or jacked up

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).