[Solved] Saving a file

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Codehead

[Solved] Saving a file

Post by Codehead »

Hello,

Whenever I try to save a file, I don't get many options on what folder to save it to. Currently, I have to save it to my desktop, then create a new folder, then drag it there. In MS Word, I used to be able to select from a variety of folders, or even create a new one if I wanted to. I'm on a MacBook running OSX Sierra.

Thanks!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on MacBook running OSX 10.12.3 Sierra (Jesus is Lord!)
RoryOF

Re: Saving a file

Post by RoryOF »

Codehead wrote:Hello,

Whenever I try to save a file, I don't get many options on what folder to save it to. Currently, I have to save it to my desktop, then create a new folder, then drag it there. In MS Word, I used to be able to select from a variety of folders, or even create a new one if I wanted to. I'm on a MacBook running OSX Sierra.

Thanks!
You should correct your Forum signature using the User Control panel link at top left of Forum window; this will avoid Forum volunteers following an irrelevant path in attempts to assist you.

I cannot answer for Mac, but on every version of OpenOffice I have tried there are buttons on the File windows to allow navigation to folders and creation of new folders.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Codehead

Post by Codehead »

Done! Thanks for the reminder!
Codehead

Post by Codehead »

OK, I figured it out. I have to click on the drop down arrow next to the file name.