[Solved] OpenOffice crashing on launching

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
worroourkid

[Solved] OpenOffice crashing on launching

Post by worroourkid »

Just installed Open Office 4.1.3 on my iMac running 10.12.6 (Sierra) but the app was crashing every time on launch.
Having tried all the advice I could find on the forum (install/update Java, re-set iMac display resolution etc. etc). the app persistently kept crashing on launch!
However, when I did eventually get it re-launched from the applications folder, (using the "reopen" tab) I found that, if I then set the OO dock icon option to "Keep in Dock", the application launches perfectly, every time, from the dock icon.

I hope this simple solution may help others who have this issue

Cheers........Brian
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.3 with Mac OS 10.12.6
RusselB

Re: Open Office crashing on launching.

Post by RusselB »

Handy potential solution. Thanks for sharing
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rootcellar

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice crashing on launching

Post by rootcellar »

Thanks for this solution. OO didn't crash on opening through Finder it just didn't do anything. Launching from the OO icon on the sidebar solved the problem! ;)
Open Office 4.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion