[Solved] Not finding files after 2nd HD fitted?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Jonzjob

[Solved] Not finding files after 2nd HD fitted?

Post by Jonzjob »

I have just installed a second HD in my MacBook Pro 13 mid 2010 running El Capitan. The original systen HD was replaced with an SSD and the original moved to replace the 'super drive' (CD/DVD read/writer). My Open Office is now on the new SSD and the .odt files are on the old HD. If I try to open a file using the 'Recentl Documents' option it says that it doesn't exist. That is because it's not where it expects to find it. I can only open it by going to 'Finder' and double clicking on it there. Once it has been opened and closed the 'Recent Docs' it will find it OK.

Is there any way that I can reference OO to find all of the files on the old HD? Or will I have to move OO from the new SSD to the old HD? :?

Any ideas how I can do this please??
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.01 on Max OSX 10.11
Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.
RoryOF

Re: Not finding files after 2nd HD fitted?

Post by RoryOF »

You might edit the Recent Documents list where it is stored in Registrymodifications.xcu; however that could break your OpenOffice installation so I'm not going to tell how to do it. As Recent Documents is (unless modified) only ten files long, the quickest way is to open each of these ten files; they will now appear in Recent Documents.
 Edit: You should also edit the Path settings in Preferences : Options : OpenOffice : Paths to point to the required destination drive. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Jonzjob

Re: Not finding files after 2nd HD fitted?

Post by Jonzjob »

Thank you for your reply Barry. It looks as if when I open, rather than recent, it is finding the files OK. So I think that I may have hit the 'panic' button too soon?

Still, it's nice to know that there is help when needed, so thank you again! :mrgreen:

I have to admit that I am quite impressed with the SSD now..
OpenOffice 4.01 on Max OSX 10.11
Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else.