[Solved] Document disappeared

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
oaaoeol

[Solved] Document disappeared

Post by oaaoeol »

Thank you for helping.

I am using OpenOffice Writer 4.1.2 on a Mac running OS X 10.12.1.

I was writing a document and had not yet saved it to a named file. I opened another document -- an HTML document -- using OpenOffice, because that was one of the options offered. After viewing the HTML document, I closed the HTML document. However, both the HTML document and the OpenOffice Writer document I had been writing disappeared.

In my OpenOffice preferences (Preferences > Load/Save > General), I have selected "Save AutoRecovery information every 15 minutes" .

Can you tell me where to look for the AutoRecovered document? I have not been able to find it via Mac's Finder.
Last edited by oaaoeol on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on MacOS 10.10.5
Hagar Delest

Re: Document disappeared

Post by Hagar Delest »

The Auto Recovery feature is only for crashes. If the files are closed without any problem, then there is nothing to be recovered.
If you had the option Always create a backup copy in the Options>Load/Save options, you may find a backup in your profile (see [Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile).

Have you tried to open your files with the menu File>Recent documents?
Do you remember where they were saved? If you have opened them from a mail client, they have been put in a temporary folder but they are usually deleted when closing the mail client.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10