OpenOffice Calc Crashes

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Bridestowe

OpenOffice Calc Crashes

Post by Bridestowe »

Have just upgraded to Open Office 4.1.3 and have found firstly that a spreadsheet of 8 years of personal medical data caused the app to crash when updating graphical reports. (Crash reports should have been sent). I found that saving the document regularly (after each update) prolonged the length of survival; but eventually the app crashed again. Attempts to reopen the file indicated that I lacked the necessary permissions to open the file and then that the file no longer exists!

I'm interested to discover if anyone else has experience similar and any suggestions as to what happened to my file, and how to recover it!

I'm running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1
on a Mac mini (late 2012)
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Mac OS 10.10.1
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice Calc Crashes

Post by RusselB »

There have been a few posts/topics regarding problems with Open Office not working (ie: crashing) with Sierra.
Use the forum search, located near the top right of most (if not all) forum pages, to search for the term Sierra will bring up the posts/topics.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.