[Solved] OpenOffice no longer working

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Newfish

[Solved] OpenOffice no longer working

Post by Newfish »

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help as I have a major disaster. I have been using OpenOffice for my business for the last five years totally faultlessly, it has been great. However today after I accidentally asked it to open a pdf file, which I do do occasionally it crashed, no surprise there. However now it wont reload at all. I have done a clean install and still nothing.
My Mac at some point has done a software update and unbeknownst to me now has a box that needs to be checked that will only allow software from apple or registered apple developers, it also says that Apeche isn't a trusted developer. I have changed this to allow from anywhere but still no joy.

Please can someone help?? I have the last five years worth of company work that I can now no longer access!!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Mac OS 10.11.6 / Open Office 4.1.3
FJCC

Re: Open Office no longer working.

Post by FJCC »

I don't understand Macs, so this may be off target. Have you tried the procedure listed under the Known Issues in the release notes?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Newfish

Re: Open Office no longer working.

Post by Newfish »

Thanks for the reply FJCC. I hadn't actually so thanks for that. I think it might be an issue with the Java thingy. However I have downloaded LibreOffice now and that is working fine. I unfortunately don't have time to do work arounds for stuff. In this day and age software should work, or required fixes should be dealt with pretty much immediately. I have lost over an hour to this today so unfortunately will be moving over to LO now, or until that stops working and I have to come back :D .

Many thanks though for your help.
Mac OS 10.11.6 / Open Office 4.1.3