Open Office for Mac

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
coolone

Open Office for Mac

Post by coolone »

I am running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Will the latest versions of the Open Office Suite run with this config or will I need to wait for and update to download and use the suite?
Hagar Delest

Re: Open Office for Mac

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've heard about snapshot build here : OpenOffice.org-2.3.0_Aqua_Leopard_en-US.dmg but it's still an alpha version, should not be used for production. Else, you have to install X11 to run OOo.

NB: I've moved your question in the Mac section of the Setup and Troubleshooting forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
smsm1

Post by smsm1 »

OpenOffice.org 2.3 and 2.3.1 will run on Leopard, with the exception of OpenOffice.org's Java features. Using milestone m237 or later is required if you want to use the Java features on Leopard.

You may wish to read my blog post on this http://shaunmcdonald131.blogspot.com/20 ... opard.html
ericb

Post by ericb »

Next time, please don't forget to say who did the work.

And reduce the Leopard port to one issue with Java is not correct. It was hours of work, to trace and find why the build was broken.

3 people did the job: Florian, Philipp and me.

--
qɔᴉɹə
cmei

Post by cmei »

coolone wrote:I am running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Will the latest versions of the Open Office Suite run with this config or will I need to wait for and update to download and use the suite?
from this, i would like to ask,, i'm currently using leopard OS, but when i want to download openoffice, i need MacOS X nstall Disc 1,, but that cd version is tiger,, if i continue download will my leopard version change back to tiger? :|
UweAltmann
Volunteer

Post by UweAltmann »

i'm currently using leopard OS, but when i want to download openoffice, i need MacOS X nstall Disc 1,, but that cd version is tiger, if i continue download will my leopard version change back to tiger?
You won't need that CD, seriously. How came that you think so? Downloading OOo is just a normal download. Try http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/x11.html.
Be sure to have x 11 installed (this is default when installing 10.5.)
To test if everything is OK, do a double click on "X 11"-icon in your utilities folder. This should open a new, white window titeled "-xterm" with the text "bash-3.2$" followed by a blank an a black rectangle in it.
Then your X 11 is installed correctly.

P.S.: This should be a new thread.
Uwe

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.