OpenOffice quit unexpectedly Mac OS Sierra

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jasonfodor

OpenOffice quit unexpectedly Mac OS Sierra

Post by jasonfodor »

I know there are several threads but I am so lost it isn't even funny.

A lot of posts are linking to old posts saying to reset something or do this, but the steps on the old post are no long valid. For example pressing the option key under the go tab no longer shows your library in OS sierra.

At this point I couldn't open files because I got the openoffice quit unexpectedly error, but it did allow me to open a blank document, just not past files.

I tried deleting some file as suggested, but I couldn't find the file.

I tried downloading some java thing in one post and installed it, but could not confirm if it was installed. It didn't solve the issue.

I deleted the openoffice program and tried redownloading it and kept getting the openoffice quit unexpectedly error.

Can someone please tell me step by step what to do?

The links provided were great I am sure at one time, but the steps are no longer valid.
openoffice 4.0.0
happycheese

Re: openoffice quit unexpectedly OS Sierra

Post by happycheese »

What version of Sierra are you using? I haven't done the update to 10.12.1 yet, but the Library still magically pops up on my computer under the go menu. Just wondering if updating will cause me to lose that feature.
Do you get the 'unexpectedly quit' error loading open office from the disk image itself?
For me I have found that the only way I can get OpenOffice to load is to open it from the disk image itself. If I copy it over to my HD, it will run the first time I open it, but then "unexpectedly quit" the next time I try to open it. It is annoying as Sierra 'verifies' it every time I open it. But better than nothing if it works
Openoffice 4.1.3 on MacOSX Seirra