[Solved] Sending A Fax from Writer on a iMac

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
whitecloud

[Solved] Sending A Fax from Writer on a iMac

Post by whitecloud »

I have OpenOffice 2.4 installed on my iMac with OS 10.5 (Leopard), and I want to send a fax through the Print function in Writer.

I select Print from the File drop-down, and then change the printer to "External Modem." However, I do not get the OS X native option of inserting the phone number and adding a cover page at that time.

The option of inserting the fax phone number and adding a cover page does appear when faxing through print from other applications, such as Eudora.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Sending A Fax from Writer on a iMac

Post by TheGurkha »

I don't think there is any faxing capability built into Writer. It uses the fax software on your computer, which is usually installed so that it looks like a printer. If you can see your fax software in the list if printers in the Print dialog, try that.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
whitecloud

Post by whitecloud »

You are correct. However, I have found a work-around. From inside Writer, export directly as a .pdf file. Then bring the .pdf up in the iMac's native .pdf viewer. From there it can be faxed through the print command and selecting "external modem" as the printer. :D
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Glad you got it sorted.

If your question has been answered please go to your first post, use the edit button and add [Solved] as the first word of the title. You can also select the green tick icon.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust