Mac 10.9.5 which version and partial install?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
gary alan

Mac 10.9.5 which version and partial install?

Post by gary alan »

Which version would I install on my Mac 10.9.5?

Can I do a partial install of Impress only and not the rest of Open Office? How do I do that?
Open Office 4.1.2 Mac 10.9.5
RusselB

Re: Mac 10.9.5 which version and partial install?

Post by RusselB »

For your Mac, the latest version (4.1.2) of Open Office is what would be recommended.

When running the installer, there is an option for a Custom Install.
We don't recommend only installing one section of Open Office, as some of the parts are interrelated, and, occasionally parts that are needed, but not obviously, are not installed when doing a custom installation.
Additionally, the space savings is fairly minimal. There have been other posts in this regard and while the one I can recall was about just installing Calc and Writer, there was only a saving of (about) 100M over doing a full install.

Personally, if you only want Impress, in order to ensure that everything is installed correctly, I suggest doing a full install, then run the installer a second time specifying the parts that you want.
I have found, using this method, that only the parts that are not interactive and not specified for installation, remain.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

RusselB wrote:For your Mac, the latest version (4.1.2) of Open Office is what would be recommended.

When running the installer, there is an option for a Custom Install.
There is no custom install option on Macs.

Apache OpenOffice is a single program, not a bunch of separate programs.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Thanks for the information, Larry. It didn't occur to me that the Windows version would have something, imo, that substantially different from the Mac version.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
gary alan

Post by gary alan »

Thank you guys for the timely responses. I'll install in the next couple of days.
Open Office 4.1.2 Mac 10.9.5