[Solved] More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
REDAH

[Solved] More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Post by REDAH »

I been using OpenOffice for years. I have 3 different versions in my application folder. Can I uninstall the older versions without loosing my older documents? Do I just drag them to Trash?

Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Mac 10.10.5
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Post by Zizi64 »

Can I uninstall the older versions without loosing my older documents?
Yes, the uninstall procedure will not delete any documents.

Do I just drag them to Trash?
If they are Portable versions, the answer is YES. (I supposed, you not stored your documents in the program directory, because the the all of contents will bew deleted by usage this method...)

If those versions are not portable type, the answer is NOT! In this case use the original installer files for uninstalling the unwanted versions.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
REDAH

Re: More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Post by REDAH »

Thank you Sir.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Mac 10.10.5
MrProgrammer

Re: [Solved] More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Post by MrProgrammer »

Zizi64 wrote:If those versions are not portable type, the answer is NOT! In this case use the original installer files for uninstalling the unwanted versions.
Based on his forum signature which lists only "Win7x64Prof", I think perhaps Zizi64 does not use a Mac. There is no "installer" for Open Office on a Mac. One just copies the program from the download to the Mac's /Applications folder. To "uninstall" the program on a Mac, one just moves it (typically by dragging) from /Applications to the Trash.

Installing OpenOffice.org on Mac OS X

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] More than 1 version of OpenOffice

Post by Zizi64 »

There is no "installer" for Open Office on a Mac.
Sorry, I did not notice REDAH's signature...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.