[Solved] Trouble after installing OpenOffice 10.4.2.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
kirajae

[Solved] Trouble after installing OpenOffice 10.4.2.

Post by kirajae »

I installed OpenOffice 10.4.2. and when opening the existing OpenOffice documents on my Mac Yosemite 10.10.5., the documents only include text. The pictures are gone. What can I do to recover the original documents? Should I download an older version of OpenOffice back? I am really in trouble, since all documents have suddenly changed...
Last edited by kirajae on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2. on MacOS10.10.5.
FJCC

Re: Trouble after installing OpenOffice 10.4.2.

Post by FJCC »

The current version of Apache OpenOffice is 4.1.2. If your software really displays the version number you listed, then you didn't download it from www.openoffice.org. Can you confirm where you downloaded from?
Are your documents stored in their original locations or have you moved to a new computer?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
kirajae

Post by kirajae »

You are absolutely right. I was so nervous, that I wrote the number of the version wrong. Thanks for noticing! It was OO 4.1.2. and I did download it from the official website. I didn't move my documents anywhere and before downloading the new version, I saved and closed all documents and the OO application.
OpenOffice 4.1.2. on MacOS10.10.5.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Try checking the menu OpenOffice -> Preferences. Expand the OpenOffice Writer list and select View. In the Display section, is Graphics and Objects checked?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.