Find and Replace Function in Writer

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
stormyfazer

Find and Replace Function in Writer

Post by stormyfazer »

When I use the find and replace function in writer the dialogue box won't close after the replacements have been made. I have not been able to find any way of closing the dialog box. Because the box is open the various icon buttons at the topwon't work, though luckily you can access commands from the menu bar ... so you can save the doc but then you have to Force Quit from the Apple Icon - because the application won't close itself with the dialogue box still open. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong? OOffice 4.0.1 OS X El Capitan.
Open Office 4.0.1 Mac OS X El Capitan
MrProgrammer

Re: Find and Replace Function in Writer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
stormyfazer wrote:When I use the find and replace function in writer the dialogue box won't close after the replacements have been made.
I will assume that you have tried using the Close button in the dialog and also tried using the ESC key. If neither of them closes the box, this is unusual behavior. Try a different account on your Mac. ← Read details. I realize your symptoms are different, but you should test with a fresh profile in the Guest account.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RoryOF

Re: Find and Replace Function in Writer

Post by RoryOF »

Try also Cmd F. I'm not using a Mac but the equvalent command in linux (Ctrl F) opens and closes the Find and Replace dialog.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS