Exiting open office

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
dmallernee

Exiting open office

Post by dmallernee »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using?
What Operating System (version) are you using?
What is your question or comment?

I am using Open Office 2.4
Mac OSX
I am having trouble exiting the program. I don't have an icon for open office in my "tray" so I open it by going to applications in "Finder". When open office opens, so does the program X11. When I try to exit the program or quit the program, I see my icon that the computer is working, and after a long time I get a time out message and the program doesn't close. I have tried to restart the computer but I get another message that I need to quit open office before it will restart. I need some help.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Exiting open office

Post by TheGurkha »

I'm not familiar with the Mac OS but I guess it must at least have similar features to Windows. In Windows there is a thing called Task Manager. This allows you to see the running tasks and to selectively kill them.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Exiting open office

Post by TheGurkha »

The second public beta release of OpenOffice.org 3.0 runns natively onthe MAc and doesn't need X11. You could try that, but be aware it is a beta - make lots of backups!

OOo 3.0 second public Beta download page
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust