[Solved] Saving documents

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
phoebemma

[Solved] Saving documents

Post by phoebemma »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? OSX Leopard
What is your question or comment? How do I save documents to my portable USB drive?
Last edited by phoebemma on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Dave

Re: Saving documents

Post by Dave »

I do it the same way as to any other place/device recognised by the system. Is it not listed among the possibilities? I have drives A [floppy], C [main HD], [D, E, ...DVD devices] and F[secondary HD]. When I plug in the USB drive, it is simply assigned another letter, G, or H, depending if I might have more than one. I can add subfolders there as well if needed.

Windows XP recognises the devices. If not, you might have to first install software drivers that came with the USB drive, usually on a CD.

David.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

The safest way is to save on your HD and then with your file browser, transfer the file from your HD to your USB drive. The reason is that the USB transfer may have a problem and damage your file. If you put it on your HD first, even if the transfer fails, you can still try again.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
phoebemma

Post by phoebemma »

I am using OSX. Maybe that is the problem? When I click on "Save As" I don't see the option to save to different drives. Thanks!
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

phoebemma wrote:I am using OSX. Maybe that is the problem? When I click on "Save As" I don't see the option to save to different drives. Thanks!
Select the drive you want to save to in the left hand pane. If you do not have a left hand pane go to 'Preferences/OpenOffice.org/General' and under 'Open/Save dialogues' unclick 'Use OpenOffice.org dialogs'.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
phoebemma

Post by phoebemma »

Hello again. I clicked the "Up one level" icon on the right top side of the "Save As" box, and this allowed me to save the document to the desktop, to documents, or to create and new folder and save the document there. After that I was able to drag the document onto the device icon for a successful save.

My previous computer was a desktop PC - this is my first time creating a document in Open Office on my Mac, so the command screens are different. I'm not sure if what I did was the correct or preferred method, but it did seem to work. Thank you everyone for your help.